Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming Blog

     Hey guys! Today in class I started filming my commercial with my partner. At first I was pretty nervous because I thought I wouldn't be a good actor, but at the end of class I felt really confident in my work. I did several takes of each scene to ensure the commercial would have a variety of scenes to choose from and not limit our selections on scenes. My partner was the camerawomen and did a great job filming each scene and making minor adjustments to scenes to better our commercial. I recorded on the track which I regret because it got so hot and I was ready to quit. But, I braved through the heat and finished my takes and made my way back to class. The whole process was really enjoyable throughout. I really can't wait to film more in the future. Also I can't wait to see where these skills can take me. 
      Before I began filming, I had to change into my costume for the commercial. After my partner and I made our way to the track to begin filming. The track was pretty filled when we began, but we made ends meet and the put up with the background noise. We started with me running on the track and in that heat I felt tired almost immediately. After my running scenes were shot, we began my bleacher scene where I had to wipe my sweat off with my towel and drink the water we were advertising (Zephryhills). Our next shot was me walking back to the track with the water in hand, taking one last sip, and starting to run again. I then made a voiceover for the part describing the water further advertising it. We took three takes of each scene to make sure we didn't lose any and always had options. After this we started to head back to class. On our way there I got back into my original outfit and discussed my favorite parts with my partner. 
     When I got to class we began dumping our footage onto our desktop. We had to dump then upload them to Pinnacle Studios to be safe and ensure we lost no footage. This part took forever due to our school’s slow computers we’re provided with. When my partner and I finally dumped our day's work we let out a collective sigh of relief. I then returned our camera, tripod, SD card, and SD card reader to our teacher and signed out to prove I’ve done so. The day was long, but also a lot of fun. The filming process would probably be my favorite part of this entire process. I loved it so much and feel as if I did a terrific job on my end. I'm most excited to see my footage in class. I’ll keep you guys updated. Jeffery, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Essay

  Audience and Institution Essay                       Funding  media products has huge impacts  on wh ether media products flop o...