Thursday, November 7, 2019

Final Editing Blog

     Hi guys! This is my final editing blog about my commercial on Zephyrhills. This process had been longer than expected, but it’s been a very fun and interesting. We finally got our laptops to edit on and they work so much smoother than the desktops in the class. My partner and I love the speed at which we can work now. When we had to transfer our clips to our desktop and then to Pinnacle Studios we had a little difficulty. It took us maybe 15-20 minutes to figure it all out, but when we did we got straight to work. I had to decide between a couple different clips to start the outline of our commercial. Our beginning run time was around 42 seconds, so I knew we had to cut the clips done by getting rid of a couple seconds off of the clips. After making the cuts our run time was around 29 seconds.
     After cutting down our run time to the appropriate time I decided we should add some transitions or edits from one clip to another. I felt this would make the commercial sensible and more entertaining. We added fade-ins, fade-outs, and other edits like those for the switch between clips. The first half of the commercial seemed a little bland so we decided to spice it up and add some music to up the tempo. The music we used made the commercial look more like a commercial that can grab someone's attention and keep them tuned in. I also added a bit of the music towards the end of the commercial too. We found our music on Youtube. It took us approximately 5-10 minutes to find it so it was relatively quick. We couldn’t add music in the entire video because I was talking in most of those clips. This was by far my favorite part.
     Towards the end of class I was just rewatching the commercial for about 10 minutes. I was making sure there were no errors or mistakes made. My partner and I adjusted a couple clips and made it run smoother during this time. Our time was running down so we just can it one more run down. We then saved our work to the laptop. I signed out of the computer and felt accomplished of the work we did. I then put the computer back into the cart to charge for the next class. The editing we accomplished today was great and I loved every minute of it. I can't wait to see the finished product. Thank you for listening have a terrific day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Essay

  Audience and Institution Essay                       Funding  media products has huge impacts  on wh ether media products flop o...