Monday, March 9, 2020

Editing Blog

     Hey guys! After filming, it was time to edit all the clips together to make the play through smooth. The editing process can take a while if you don’t know what you’re doing or what tools you should use. Instead of using Pinnacle Studios this time my partner and I decided to use iMovie. iMovie is an app on IOS devices which I was able to edit on. Since I was new at it, I watched a lot of youtube videos to try and see options and skills I could learn to speed up the process in which I was going. I got the hang of it eventually and my partner even edited the movie with me so I didn’t have a full workload. We played the video over and over and it seemed to be a bit choppy so we added some transitions into the video. The video wasn’t fully edited around the time peer review came along, but I went with what I got. I received feedback on how to better my editing and make the video less 
choppy but was unsure how I was going to get them done because I was rather a novice at iMovie. 
     I was stuck, but I remembered that one of my friends that also had AICE Media Studies uses iMovie to edit their videos. I texted him and asked if I could go over to his house and he could help me make my video run smoothly and to help fix the choppiness. We decided I’ll go over on Saturday and get help on my video. When I got there Saturday we got straight to work on editing my video. He talked me through editing and suggested a few transitions I didn’t know we’re possible for my video. With his help I was able to remove any choppiness from my cut of the movie. After we watched each other’s videos and gave compliments to each other. After I finished editing, we decided to go to our friend Brooke’s birthday party which was really fun and stress relieving. I felt confident in my half of the video and when my partner and I finished and combined them it ran smoothly to our surprise. Thank you see you next time guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Essay

  Audience and Institution Essay                       Funding  media products has huge impacts  on wh ether media products flop o...